You received an email saying you were given a gift certificate
If your email says you were given a course, follow the instructions for You were given a course instead.
Follow these steps to activate your gift certificate:
- Click on the coupon. In the email, click on the link that looks like a coupon.
- Sign in to Bird Academy. You will need to have a Bird Academy account that we can add the gift certificate to. If you’re not signed in, you will have to sign in or create an account.
- View gift certificate balances. Once you’re signed in, you will be taken to a page showing your gift certificate balance. You can come back to this page to see your remaining balances..
- Choose a course: Browse the course catalog and enroll in the courses of your choice. Your gift certificate balance will automatically be taken off the course price.
For help with enrolling in a course, see: Enrolling in a course and payment errors
Someone gave you a gift certificate but you didn’t receive the email
Try these steps to locate your gift certificate:
- Spam folder: Look in your email spam folder. Some email providers will move Bird Academy emails to the spam folder.
- Promotions and Updates folders: If you have a Gmail email address, look in the Promotions and Updates folders.
- Search your email: Search your email for “gift on the Cornell Lab’s Bird Academy”.
If this doesn’t locate the gift certificate, contact Customer Service and we’ll find another way to help.
Did this page answer your question?
If not, let us know. Send us a message and we’ll try our best to help.
Contact Bird Academy Customer Service